LFC Legends News Flash

Membahas tentang tim masa lalu dan kejayaan LFC
fuzzbubble
Bronze Legend

Postby fuzzbubble Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:47 pm

scaremonger wrote:
fuzzbubble wrote:Kesan2 & cerita2 George Best, pemain legendaris tim setan, mengenai Bill Shankly dlm buku autobiografinya:
http://www.lfchistory.net/redcorner_art ... le_id=1269

Interesting article, karena di situ kita bisa tahu gimana trik2 mind games Shanks dlm menyemangati skuadnya sekaligus meruntuhkan mental lawan..

http://www.big-reds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=833

Ouch.. yep.. my bad, lupa ngecek2 dulu, ternyata ada thread itu dan post-ku di atas udah pernah dipost juga -_-.

Soalnya di situsnya, artikel itu baru dimuat...

Sorry for my mistake.
SUCCESS HAS MANY FATHERS
Hendra Hendarin
Silver Legend

Postby Hendra Hendarin Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:26 pm

legends didi says, liat aja nanti rafa bakal strike back

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... ham104.xml

artikel yang layak simpan
sebelum hilang dari situs orisinilnya, diabadikan dulu disini
(lihat di tulisan paling bawah di artikel, keuntungan dari wawancara ini disumbangkan kepada para tuna wisma. didi yang baik hati dan baik budi)

Don't rule out a fightback from Rafa Benitez

By Didi Hamann
Last Updated: 2:31am GMT 04/11/2007

I'll be at Anfield on Tuesday to see Liverpool against Besiktas in the Champions League and I have to say I don't like the look of my old team's situation at the moment.

They have to try to win their three remaining matches in the group to go through and if they do that, they could even finish top. Will they? I don't know. Two of those games may be at home but they won't be easy. After Besiktas comes Porto and they are a really good team.

But then Liverpool and Rafa Benitez have found themselves in difficult situations before and still managed to come through, so I am hoping they do so again. Nothing could have seemed less likely than Liverpool's comeback in the 2005 final against AC Milan, but look what happened that night in Istanbul.

We were 3-0 down at half-time and you can imagine the mood in the dressing room. We were deflated and shocked. If any of the players had said they thought we could turn it around, I don't think they would have been telling the truth.

You always hope in football, but the way the first half went, nobody could have believed we could do it. I certainly didn't see it changing. Watching Milan in the first 45 minutes was like watching Brazil at their best. The passing and movement couldn't have been bettered. What made the difference in the second half? A bit of everything. They took their foot off the gas but then you can't keep up that level for 90 minutes and, of course, Steven Gerrard scored, the fans got behind us and we started believing.

Some people credit me for changing it when I came on for the second half, but I wouldn't go that far. I just played my game and tried to help the team as I always did. I felt that, if we got a second, it would be game on and so it proved. We scored a third and eventually won on penalties.

It has also been said that had I been on from the start we wouldn't have had to come from behind. I certainly expected to play from the start but if I had started, we may also have lost and this would not have been talked about. What you have to say is that the manager made the right decisions because, in the end, we did win.

When it came to extra-time and then penalties we were the happier team because they thought they had won it already — as did everybody else. For us it was a bonus because we should have been sitting on the coach, driving away from the stadium with our heads down.

Everybody in our team could feel we had a golden opportunity. I could see it on the players' faces. There was not much talking, but we all knew that, if we didn't do it then, we may never do it.

The manager asked me if I wanted to take one of the penalties and I said yes. He then told me to take the first one. I scored and we went on to take the trophy. It was the most amazing night of my career and in a game of that importance, I doubt you will ever see anything like it again.

You could say it was a fluke and that Rafa is a lucky manager, but you have got to work hard and graft for your luck. If you look at his record, you will see it's not the only time he's pulled off a remarkable turnaround. It was a similar story in the FA Cup final against West Ham the following year.

Yes, you need luck at times, but I wouldn't put it all down to luck. Rafa is a very hard-working manager who knows a lot about the game. It helps, of course, when you have a player of Gerrard's capabilities. He scored the late equaliser in the FA Cup final and is an inspiration. He can make things happen and not many players have his pace and dynamism. He can make a goal from anywhere and score a goal from anywhere. Only one or two around Europe have his quality.

But he was taken off at Everton recently, which surprised a lot of people at the time. Then what happened? Liverpool won right at the end. So again the manager's decision produced the right result. The team is always bigger than one player and, hard as it was for Stevie to come off in a derby, they got the win.

Gerrard has made it clear he prefers to play in central midfield rather than on the right, which he sometimes does for Rafa. But I've told Stevie I think he is sometimes more valuable on the right because he has not got any defensive responsibilities.

If he's running back 40 yards to chase people down, he is wasted. Other people can do that. He could be using his energy going forward because that's when he is dangerous. At Liverpool we didn't have anybody else with that ability and with England it's pretty much the same.

Liverpool may have difficulty progressing in the Champions League this time, but I think England have every chance of having a team in the final again. Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United could all win their groups and I sense that this is the trophy Chelsea want above all.

If the past doesn't come back to haunt them, I wouldn't bet against them. I have never seen them play football as they played against Manchester City last week.

As Liverpool and United before them have proved, English clubs have a never-say-die attitude that European clubs fear and respect. German clubs never like to be drawn against English teams.

Despite that result at Stamford Bridge, we at City have to be happy with our start under Sven-Goran Eriksson. He has created a very good atmosphere and mood in the camp. There's great respect for everybody, from the kit man to the manager.

Every manager has his own ways and Sven is calm and quiet. That helps the players. We have come from behind a number of times which I don't think we did last season. We hadn't got the same quality last year, but now we do not panic. His character rubs off on the players. We don't get too excited when things go well. He doesn't shout or rant on the touchline, but then there is only so much you can do from the touchline. If you are well-prepared, you should be able to sit down and let the boys get on with it.

Sven's club record is fantastic but also his record for England was good. In the big tournaments, he lost against Brazil to a freak goal by Ronaldhino from 40 yards and lost on penalties twice, so I think the press have been a bit hard.

Should England not qualify for the European Championship, which is a strong possibility, maybe they will see what they lost. The players Sven has signed for City help me because I like to bring other players into play and we have players who can make things happen. Especially Elano. When I came to England to play for Newcastle in 1998 I couldn't have believed I would still be here now, but I've had great experiences in the English game and now I am enjoying my football with City. I've been asked whether I reminded Sven that I got him the England job by scoring that goal for Germany at Wembley in 2000, but not yet. Maybe I will…

# The fee for this article has gone to The Wellspring, a centre for the homeless in Stockport (www.thewellspring.ik.com).
redianfield

Postby redianfield Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:56 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:lihat di tulisan paling bawah di artikel, keuntungan dari wawancara ini disumbangkan kepada para tuna wisma. didi yang baik hati dan baik budi

budi yang baik hati dan baik didi :cheesy:

:salut: Legend Didi Hamann.

Gw setunjai dengan pokpik (pokok pikiran) Didi, khususnya ini...

You could say it was a fluke and that Rafa is a lucky manager, but you have got to work hard and graft for your luck. If you look at his record, you will see it's not the only time he's pulled off a remarkable turnaround. It was a similar story in the FA Cup final against West Ham the following year.

Yes, you need luck at times, but I wouldn't put it all down to luck. Rafa is a very hard-working manager who knows a lot about the game.

Biarkan dulu Rafa mencari bentuk permainan terbaik bagi LFC yang sejauh ini--berdasar performa--memang masih cukup jauh dari karakter tim (calon) juara EPL. Bisa jadi memang musim ini--lagi-lagi--jadi musim transisi guna menemukan bentuk permainan terbaik yang entah kapan bisa kita saxikan. Mengurut dada (dada sendiri) sambil ndukung dan ndo'a aja deh yukk :cheesy:
(1)1901, (2)1906, (3)1922, (4)1923, (5)1947, (6)1964, (7)1966, (8)1973, (9)1976, (10)1977,
(11)1979, (12)1980, (13)1982, (14)1983, (15)1984, (16)1986, (17)1988, (18)1990, (19)?
Monita
Manager
Manager

Postby Monita Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:34 pm

I'll be at Anfield on Tuesday to see Liverpool against Besiktas in the Champions League and I have to say I don't like the look of my old team's situation at the moment.

Seperti yang selalu Didi katakan, his mind and soul akan selalu bersama Liverpool :salut: :(

The manager asked me if I wanted to take one of the penalties and I said yes. He then told me to take the first one. I scored and we went on to take the trophy.

Sampai hari ini I do believe keputusan Rafa memberikan kesempatan pertama pada Didi untuk melakukan tendangan penalti adalah a very wise decision, melebihi dari kata keputusan yang tepat.
Rafa tahu benar ketenangan dan kematangan seorang Didi.
Mungkin ...bisa jadi akan lain hasil akhirnya bila tendangan penalti pertama tsb dilakukan pemain lain yang tidak memiliki kematangan dan ketenangan yang sama.

Miss you Didi :(
Hendra Hendarin
Silver Legend

Postby Hendra Hendarin Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:00 pm

Monita wrote:Miss you Didi :(

:scooter:
binshaq
Silver Legend

Postby binshaq Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:11 pm

Minggu ini .tv merupakan Ian Rush week.

300,000 pounds. That's how much Bob Paisley paid Chester City in May 1980 - a record for a teenager at the time

25, 856 fans turned out for his testimonial at Anfield in 1994, helping raise a reported £250,000 gate receipts. The Reds beat Celtic 6-0

2 spells with the Reds from 1980-87 and 1988-96

783 club games, in which he scored 368 goals

660 Liverpool appearances

346 Liverpool goals

39 Chester City appearances

17 Chester City goals

168 games to score 100 league goals

229 Liverpool League goals

16 goals short of Roger Hunt's league record of 245 goals

67 international caps for Wales while with Liverpool

26 International goals while with Liverpool

73 international caps in total

28 international goals in total

10 matches to score his first Liverpool goal. After failing to get on the scoresheet in the final matches of the 1980/81 season, Rush broke his duck in a 7-0 win over Oulu Palloseura in European Cup first round, second leg

47 goals for the Reds in 1983/84

144 game run that meant Liverpool didn't lose when Rush scored

30 goals in his first full season at Anfield

1 European Golden Boot for scoring 32 league goals in the 1983/84 season

25 goals against Everton - a Merseyside derby record

19 pieces of major silverware in the Anfield trophy room, accumulated in just 15 seasons
11 goals in 18 Wembley appearances as a Liverpool player

9 was 'Tosh's' number

1 PFA Player of the Year award with Liverpool

1 Young Player of the Year award for Liverpool

5 League titles

1 European Cup winner's medals

3 FA Cup winners' medals

2 FA Cup final victories over Everton

5 FA Cup final goals - a record

44 FA Cup goals - 39 for Liverpool. A 20th Century record

16 hat-tricks for Liverpool :salut:
The victims: Notts County 2, Everton 2, Coventry 2, Luton, Villa, Benfica, Barnsley, Leicester, Swansea, Crewe, Apollon Limassol, Ipswich, Blackburn

1 MBE

0 red cards

1 Ian Rush

Emang cuma satu Ian Rush. Bahkan si God, Robbie Fowler belum setara dengan Rush setidaknya dalam hal prestasi dan gelar.

Oh ya, FYI Ian Rush hari Rabu tgl 14 November 2007 ini bakalan ngadain Meet and Greet di Singapore. Tepatnya di the Foundary Clark Quay Singapore.

Kalau teman-teman ada yang kebetulan lagi main ke sana (mungkin Sesa :cheesy:) bisa tuh join dan berkesempatan bertemu muka dengan legenda Liverpool ini.

YNWA Ian Rush!!!
"It's always nice to win cups. But [physically pointing to the English league champions trophy], this is our bread and butter and the one we want the most."
fagan
BR2
BR2

Postby fagan Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:18 pm

Top Legend!!

Gw kira banyak fans LFC yg awalnya gabung kerna sangat tertarik oleh figur yang satu ini.... diantaranya gw sendiri...

Rindu juga akan hadirnya titisan dari beliau, tapi sayangnya emang cuman ada 1 Ian Rush....

YNWA Ian Rush!!!
redianfield

Postby redianfield Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:23 pm

fagan wrote:Rindu juga akan hadirnya titisan dari beliau, tapi sayangnya emang cuman ada 1 Ian Rush....

Kan titisannya ada di BigReds.....Iwan Rush...

:puke:

:cheesy:
(1)1901, (2)1906, (3)1922, (4)1923, (5)1947, (6)1964, (7)1966, (8)1973, (9)1976, (10)1977,
(11)1979, (12)1980, (13)1982, (14)1983, (15)1984, (16)1986, (17)1988, (18)1990, (19)?
binshaq
Silver Legend

Postby binshaq Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:32 pm

redianfield wrote:Kan titisannya ada di BigReds.....Iwan Rush...

:puke:

:cheesy:

Oh gw pikir Iwan Rush itu berawal dari band fav pada jaman oom Iwan di SMA. :cheesy:

RUSH

:scooter:
"It's always nice to win cups. But [physically pointing to the English league champions trophy], this is our bread and butter and the one we want the most."
This Is Mickey

Postby This Is Mickey Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:17 pm

Ian Rush. Paling berjasa memperkenalkan gue dengan Sepakbola dan Liverpool waktu masih piyik.
Top Legend, Reds through and through!
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're in a fog, you must stick together. Then you don't get lost. If there's a secret about Liverpool, that's it." Bob Paisley
Hendra Hendarin
Silver Legend

Postby Hendra Hendarin Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:56 pm

john aldridge:
pertahankan masche, jual momo!

momo, kamu ketauan!

Rising star who is in the Souness mould
Nov 10 2007
by John Aldridge, Liverpool Echo

I WASN’T at all surprised to read in the ECHO that Rafa Benitez is keen to keep Javier Mascherano at Anfield.

Mascherano is having a really good season in the heart of Liverpool’s midfield and the way he protects the defence and gets stuck in reminds me of Graeme Souness.

He doesn’t get forward like Graeme or score the goals that he did, but in a defensive sense Mascherano is similar.

Liverpool are well stocked for central midfielders, with Rafa able to call on the services of Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko and Lucas.

So you would think that, perhaps, he will have to sacrifice one of these if he is to recruit Mascherano on a permanent basis.

At the moment, it’s Sissoko who is struggling so he must recapture the form which made him such a big crowd favourite when he first arrived or he might find it difficult to remain at Anfield.
binshaq
Silver Legend

Postby binshaq Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Sang legenda berbicara pas mampir di Asia.

Ntar malem nih acara di Singapura, siapa tau masih ada pas gathering minggu depan? :cheesy: Jadi bintang tamu kejutan. :shock:

Ian Rush: Benitez timing was perfect over Torres
Nov 13 2007 by Ian Rush, Liverpool Echo

PLENTY of people have been ready to jump on Rafa Benitez’s back in recent weeks but against Fulham he got everything right and showed a few of his doubters who knows best.

Having seen his team hammer Besiktas by that record eight goals in the Champions League he was in a strange way under some pressure.

I’m pretty sure if they hadn’t won by such a margin the manager would have changed the side from the one that started against Fulham. But he perhaps felt it had to be a rare case of same again after a scoreline like that.

I’m not sure that deep down he really wanted to keep the same side, but in a way he proved a point because one or two people actually did start to tire.

But even though they left it late, I always thought Liverpool would win because they were playing at a high tempo.

I know some fans were starting to get anxious, but I always felt confident they would get the points.

Besides, good sides often leave it late – how many times have we seen Manchester United hit late goals, only for people to say they knew it was coming?

Whatever you think of Rafa’s rotations there is no doubt that he invariably knows just how and when to make the right substitutions.

Fernando Torres must have been like a coiled spring on the bench after being out for so long and when Benitez released him he came on and made a huge difference.

His goal just oozed pure class and Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez was wrong when he said he thought he might have miss-hit it.

Not only did Torres pull the ball out of the air on his chest with sublime skill, he turned and saw Niemi positioned to expect a shot to his right. Torres had a look and very cleverly placed that ball as he did inside the near post, leaving Niemi flat- footed. It was a brilliant goal from a class act.

Fortunately, Torres will not be involved in the Spanish squad during this international break and that will be a big relief because it was while training with Spain that he picked up his original injury.

Liverpool have missed him badly but now he will have more time to recover.

Hopefully, by the time the Premiership games come round again, he’ll be raring and ready to go again.

Reina is up there with Reds greats

IT was interesting to read Steven Gerrard’s comments about Pepe Reina and see how his statistics more than stand scrutiny against the records of Anfield greats Ray Clemence and Bruce Grobbelaar.

I’ve said before how impressed I have been with Reina’s distribution, how he races around to get the ball upfield with terrific accuracy when he can – or if there isn’t an opportunity doesn’t waste possession and hangs on to start play again more routinely.

Of course Clemence will always be regarded as the benchmark at Anfield because he kept so many clean sheets – particularly in games where he was a spectator for long periods but would pull off some great saves when suddenly called into action.

There is evidence that Reina has just the same mentality and it’s a huge asset to Liverpool right now.

Against Besiktas last week the Reds were 7-0 up and one of the Turkish forwards managed to get a diving header in on goal.

Pepe was on his toes to make sure it didn’t get past him because he was desperate for that clean sheet.

For me, he is definitely Spain’s best goalkeeper and No 1 in the Premier League too.

I know Petr Cech at Chelsea is top quality but I do think his form has suffered a bit since his head injury.

Edwin van der Saar does let in goals for Manchester United, while Arsenal seem to have two keepers and can’t decide who is their first choice.

But there’s no doubt at Anfield who is number one and it was great to see Reina running the length of the field to congratulate Torres – or maybe claim that unlikely assist!

I’m in no doubt that Pepe’s the best in the business right now whether it comes to stopping shots or using the ball himself.

Italian problem must be tackled

IT WAS shocking to hear of another death in Italian football this weekend with the Lazio supporter shot by a police officer and the abandonment of the Atalanta versus AC Milan match due to shocking crowd violence.

If that sort of thing had been going on in England we all know the reaction and the punishments that would follow.

There’s been this agenda against English football fans but we’ve come so far dealing with hooliganism and cleaned up that it’s time the authorities looked this way for answers to the problems over there in Italy.

It’s vital UEFA, FIFA and the Italian FA react to this now or it’s only going to get even worse.

I remember when I left Liverpool and signed for Juventus our team coach being stoned by Genoa fans. It was terrifying - I’d never come across anything like it.

The Juventus fans were always brilliant with me but there are big problems out there with the fans of too many Italian clubs and it is high time it was properly tackled.

There must be no question of things being brushed under the carpet this time.

Eastern Promise

I WATCHED the Fulham game in Malaysia where I was doing some TV work for ESPN Star Channel, which broadcasts the Premier League games around Asia.

The passion for Liverpool in Malaysia itself is absolutely incredible – it appears that around 70 per cent of the population there are Liverpool supporters.

It’s just another reminder why Liverpool are now so keen to finally tap into that support base commercially and embrace the Far East as much as possible.

It could certainly be lucrative for them.

Pepe langsung terbang nih dipuji habis ama si legenda.

For me, he is definitely Spain’s best goalkeeper and No 1 in the Premier League too.

:salut:
adisetiahadi
First Team
First Team

Postby adisetiahadi Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:28 am

Suatu saat pepe akan melegenda dg kenangan manis bersama the reds, sy yakin itu. Perekrutan pepe merupakan hasil transfer yg menguntungkan buat liverpool.So...ga salah kl sang legenda memujinya.
work hard-play hard
A B i
Bronze Legend

Postby A B i Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:04 pm

sebagai pemain legenda, sebagai staff LFC juga legenda, scouser.. komplit!

makin komplit kalo emang akhrinya menjadi assisten Rafa akhirnya menjadi kenyataan..

Lee eyeing Kop return
15/11/2007

Sammy Lee is set for a return to Liverpool - after being boss Rafa Benitez's VIP guest.

The former Bolton manager spent the evening with Benitez at a reserve match and could be offered the chance of a return.

Lee was a playing legend for Liverpool and was assistant to Gerard Houllier. If he is made an offer, Bolton won't object as they haven't yet agreed a payoff and he is still on the pay roll.

source; http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -20110551/
@abi2510
Maxi Rumondor
Silver Legend

Postby Maxi Rumondor Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:23 pm

abi2510 wrote:sebagai pemain legenda, sebagai staff LFC juga legenda, scouser.. komplit!

makin komplit kalo emang akhrinya menjadi assisten Rafa akhirnya menjadi kenyataan..

Lee eyeing Kop return
15/11/2007

Sammy Lee is set for a return to Liverpool - after being boss Rafa Benitez's VIP guest.

The former Bolton manager spent the evening with Benitez at a reserve match and could be offered the chance of a return.

Lee was a playing legend for Liverpool and was assistant to Gerard Houllier. If he is made an offer, Bolton won't object as they haven't yet agreed a payoff and he is still on the pay roll.

source; http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -20110551/

Seperti yang udah gw perkirakan sebelumnya :cheesy: , setelah Lee cabut dari Bolton kalo dia bakal jadi asisten Rafa di Anfield dan semoga aja kontraknya cepat terelialisasi sehingga pada waktu tandang ke st james park minggu depan Sammy Lee udah duduk di bench mendampingi tim dan membawa hasil maximal.
"it's easy to support a team when in glory, but to support a team when in struggle it shows your character"
Brigada Roja de Rafa

Return to “LFC: Sejarah dan Kejayaan”